Anatomy of a Great Service Visit
During your onsite service visit, our expert technicians perform the Carefree 15 step process:
1. Print Test Page, Configuration Page, and Usage Page. Having these pages printed before and after the cleaning, we can compare the quality of the printed pages. This also will allow the user to see how many pages the machine has printed.
2. Remove Toner and Paper Dust from Fusing Assembly - Check the Assembly and Replace as Necessary.
The fusing assembly can generate high repair bills. We remove contaminants before they do serious damage! Damaged units can be replaced at the time of service.
3. Check and Clean Job Off-Set, Duplex Assemblies and All Paper Trays.
These highly complex mechanical units, used to move paper and separate jobs, need periodic cleaning and adjustment in order to maintain peek operating condition.
4. Replace and Clean image Transfer Rollers and/or Assembly.
The machines require periodic cleaning of the transfer roller assembly, using a dry, lint-free cloth. This helps keep the printed image clean and crisp.
5. Inspect and Clean Pick-Up Roller and Feed Roller Surface.
Pick-up rollers and Feed rollers can become slick and ineffective over time. Using a rubber roller restorer, these rollers are returned to new condition. Rollers and pads which cannot be restored can be replaced at time of service.
6. Lubricate Machine.
Although drive gears in printers are property lubricated at the factory, over time the heat of the fuser and the motion in the machine combine with paper dust, toner and dirt to dry out the lubricant, making re-lubrication necessary.
7. Clean Exit Rollers.
Like the pick-up rollers, exit rollers become coated with a hard, shiny white film of paper debris that makes them slick. Solvent cleaning usually restores them to their original texture. Rollers which cannot be restored need to be replaced.
8. Thoroughly Clean the Electronics of the Machine. Using a Vacuum or Compressed Air
dust and dirt, especially toner, can become conductive in the machine, causing premature failure. Our technicians can clean and remove these contaminants.
9. Tighten or Replace Screws and Check Grounding Straps.
Screws that have worked loose inside a printer can fall into toner cartridges or into the machine gear trains, causing severe damage.
10. Inspect, Replace and Clean Separation Pads and Rollers.
All printers use a separation pad or rubber rollers to feed one sheet of paper at a time into the machine. Separation pads and all separation rollers are checked and can be replaced.
11. Clean Fan Assembly.
Toner, paper dust, dirt and ozone conspire to "gum-up" exhaust fans. A little cleaning, to clear the air flow path, will help keep the fan going for years.
12. Inspect and Clean Registration Assembly.
This unit is inspected and cleaned with a rubber roller restorer.
13. Inspect and Clean Beam-to-Drum Optical Path.
Some machines have a mirror in the laser optical path to direct the laser beam to the machine's image drum. This mirror can become so cloudy or dirty that print quality is seriously impaired.
14. Clean the Machine Case. Cleaning the machine case help keeps the machine looking like new and helps keep germs from transferring from one user to another.
15. Toner Check and Final Test Print. We will print out the supplies status page to help the user be aware if they need to replace any consumables.
All with a 90 Day Parts and Labor Warranty - Compare that to the Competition!
Anatomy of a Great Service Visit in Northern Virginia – Fairfax, Arlington, Loudoun, and Prince William County
- Alexandria, Va
- Annandale, Va
- Arlington, Va
- Ashburn, Va
- Burke, Va
- Centreville, Va
- Chantilly, Va
- Clifton, Va
- Fairfax, Va
- Fairfax Station, Va
- Falls Church, Va
- Herndon, Va
- Manassas, Va
- McLean, Va
- Reston, Va
- South Riding, Va
- Springfield, Va
- Sterling, Va
- Tysons Corner, Va
- Vienna, Va
Anatomy of a Great Service Visit in Maryland – Montgomery County
- Bethesda, Md
- Chevy Chase, Md
- Gaithersburg, Md
- Germantown, Md
- Potomac, Md
- Rockville, Md
- Silver Spring, Md
- Takoma Park, Md
Anatomy of a Great Service Visit in Washington DC
Being in the service industry myself, I understand the importance of customer service. Carefree provides that and then some! Everyone on the staff shares the same "can do" attitude and leaves you with the feeling that your business is important to them. The technicians are courteous and knowledgeable; the office staff makes all administrative matters a breeze. It is truly a pleasure to have you as a part of our team!
– Reginald G. Jackson, Sr., IMD Support